PROCESS GROUP FOR THERAPISTS
The group consists entirely of clinicians in the field of mental health. It is a highly experiential group designed to further members’ personal & professional development while creating strong bonds with new colleagues.
Members explore their relationships with one another in the here-and-now as a way of illuminating and working on emotional patterns that play out in both their personal and professional lives, e.g. assertiveness, self-care, self-doubt, feelings about money, managing limits and boundaries, responses to disappointment, expressing needs, handling anger, and more.
Process groups provide a powerful container for deep personal growth. Each member is supported to explore their feelings in the here-and-now, experiment with new behaviors, and work on remaining present with self and others as they develop relationships within the group.
- The group meets weekly, on Tuesdays from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM, at my office on the east side of Providence
- 10 members max at any given time
- $40 per session (tax deductible for practicing professionals)
To inquire about openings, please contact me directly: (401) 709-4295
Archie Roberts, MA LMHC (401) 709-4295
420 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02906
CONTEMPORARY GESTALT THERAPY CORE TRAINING GROUP
This training group is designed for therapists seeking to deepen their clinical skills while absorbing a powerful clinical framework and developing their private practices.
The group provides an experiential immersion in the framework of Contemporary Gestalt theory — an emotion-focused, attachment-based model grounded in the here-and-now.
No prior exposure to Gestalt is necessary. The group offers a safe, supportive environment for members to learn, experiment, and grow as individuals and clinicians.
Particular attention is given to:
- Therapeutic presence & embodiment
- Tracking the phenomenology of affect in self and other
- Countertransference & core schema activation
- Catalyzing transformative processes within a holding environment
- Attending to cycles of attunement, disruption, and repair
- Therapist’s role in dyadic affect regulation
- Deepening sensitivity to our own and others’ attachment styles
- Developing an embodied sensitivity to the dynamics of affective fields
The overall purpose of the group is to provide a supportive community in which to:
- Continually renew one’s commitment to – and excitement about – clinical work
- Develop one’s private practice within a context of strong mutual support, and deep connection with like-minded colleagues
The group is limited in size, and meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month, from 8:45 AM to 10:45 AM on the east side of Providence.
The group is divided into two series each year; both series runs for six sessions (June through November; and December through May). Members must register for all six sessions of a given series, and once in the group can choose to stay and renew their membership for as long as they wish. The fee is $65 per meeting ($390 per cycle).
For more information, feel free to contact me:
Archie Roberts, LMHC 420 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 709 – 4295
N.B. While participants often bring in cases for consultation, all clinical material in this group is used for training purposes. While training groups lead to new skills, insights, and avenues for therapists in their work with clients, clinicians requiring formal supervision of their work should arrange individual supervision adequate to the needs of their clients and themselves.